Dear Baby Girl,
I am at the beginning of my 40th week of pregnancy and I am extremely proud of you for so many reasons:
- You are now over 2.7 kg and we are delighted. I was only 2.1 kg when I was born and there were some issues with me right after birth. You on the other hand are perfectly healthy!
- You are a Leo! I am so proud I will give birth to a Leo baby girl. I love this zodiac sign – it represents strength and determination, ambition, leadership. Your granddad is also a Leo and he certainly is somebody to look up to.
- You are full term. I read that full term babies are healthier and learn quicker than preemies and even that babies born in their 40th week have a higher IQ score than those born in their 38th week.
- You have long legs 🙂 The ultrasounds have shown that you are long and slender just like your daddy!
- Being pregnant with you has been a delight. You have given me no problems – only constant joy. You attract a lot of attention when you twist and wriggle in my belly – friends marvel at how much you move!
Now my dear baby we need to think of your exit strategy, actually we don’t. You know when to come out and I trust you completely. All I need to do is get excited about birthing you but most importantly to be relaxed as suggested by so many books I’ve read. Also my dad and your granddad always says: “we need to keep calm, only calmness can save us” 🙂
It’s a matter of days or hours until I will see your pretty little face. I can’t wait and I’m so excited that I will be able to hold you in my arms by the time I write my third letter to you.
This letter was written as part of touchstonez Letters to Littles monthly project.
You might also like: