Here I am in week 37 and I feel the baby behaving differently! Instead of being quiet and having hiccups 2-3 times a day, she almost lost the hiccups and is wriggling around much more. I also feel her as if she descended slightly. I think she might be arriving in two weeks time, which would be two weeks ahead of the due date – just like me!
What’s happening this week?
- Baby’s crown to rump length is 35 cm or 13.8 inches. Baby weighs about 2.8-2.9 kg or 6.3-6.5 pounds.
- The baby is gaining weight as more fat covers her limbs and abdomen. As a newborn, she will look much the same as she does now.
- Short, very fine hairs, called vellus hairs, are growing in place of lanugo hair on most parts of the baby’s body.
- Your baby turns toward a familiar sound and practices looking for its source: mama’s voice is the most familiar sound to her.
- Babies born at the end of week 37 are considered full term!
- Increased mucusy vaginal discharge is common in the last few weeks of pregnancy.
- False labor is fairly common. It is always safer to go in and be checked.
- Mama may have a vaginal exam to check for dilation and effacement.
- You’re now as big as you’re going to get.
- Some of the pressure under your rib cage may be easing off as the baby continues to descend into the pelvis.
You might also like: