Inspired by this month’s blogging carnival and yet not being able to participate since I haven’t given birth yet I would like to share how I would like it to look like. It’s not exactly a birth plan as it does not contain the various stages and what I expect to be doing in each of them, it’s more general and dream-like. I hope that due to expecting a feeling I want to experience rather than the particular events, it will be much easier to come true.
So here it is:
- I’d like my birthing to be fast and easy. We’re done here.
- Ok, just kidding, on top of that I would like it to be a spiritual, intense, bonding (with husband and baby), transformational event.
- I imagine dimmed lights, beautiful music, joyful atmosphere, calm, tranquility, love.
- No needles, drugs, medication.
- An intimate setting with as few medical staff as possible.
- I want the experience to be empowering, uplifting, sensational.
- I will be aware that every minute I am closer to welcoming my baby to this world and it will be a healthy and happy baby.
I think I can have the birth experience I am dreaming of because:
- I believe I can.
- I have an amazing supportive husband who will be there with me.
- We have chosen a hospital with a natural approach to childbirth.
- I know what my options are.
- My hospital bag is packed so I don’t have to worry about leaving anything behind.
- I have a list of affirmations for childbirth.
- I am practicing breathing exercises for birthing on a daily basis.
- I am attending prenatal classes and doing my homework (massages).
- I am doing belly dancing daily.
- I have a list of songs to give birth by.
- I am aware of hypnobirthing and have read positive birthing stories.
- My baby is small and should be easy to birth 🙂
WHAT IS YOUR DREAM BIRTH SCENARIO? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW 🙂
You might also like:
Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net