I’m already starting my 34th week! How exciting!!! While baby is steadily gaining weight – exactly as Pregnancy Day By Day indicates, I am at the same number of kilos as I was in week 26! That is however due to my fantastic acid reflux and regular throwing up (not fun) – but I think I found a natural remedy – apples! So far in the days that I ate an apple I didn’t have the problem!!! The important thing is that my baby girl is growing and you can see the bump clearly expanding in my slideshow. The baby is coming next month and yet somebody asked me yesterday if I was two months pregnant! How sweet🙂
What’s happening this week?
- Baby’s crown to rump length is 31 cm or 12.2 inches. Baby weighs about 2.1-2.2 kg or 4.6-5 pounds.
- Baby is becoming increasingly cramped for space but is still very active.
- Drinking more water help with swelling if you have it.
- The fundus, or top of the uterus, is high in your abdomen and the pressure under your ribs may make it impossible for you to enjoy a full meal without discomfort.
- The amount of amniotic fluid surrounding the baby varies in individual pregnancies. At this stage, the fluid has reached its maximum level.
- The size of your belly will increasingly be due to the baby alone as the amniotic fluid now reduces slightly each week.
- The position of your baby is unlikely to change between now and the birth if this is your first pregnancy.
- If baby was born this week, she’d still need some help with breathing and feeding, but she’s in pretty good shape for survival (find out more about premature babies here).
- Now is a good moment to start practicing the relaxation and pain-relieving exercises you’ve been learning at your prenatal classes.
- While the uterus and amniotic fluid prevent many sounds from reaching your baby, voices do penetrate quite easily. Your baby has already learned to adapt to repetitive sounds but is no acquiring a memory for familiar noises. The most familiar sound is your voice. Your baby will startle and turn toward loud or unfamiliar sounds and these will also cause her heart rate to increase.
- This is a good time for perineal massage as it reduces your risk of tearing or having an episiotomy during birth. It also means you’re less likely to experience pain that sensitive spot after the birth.
HOW’S YOUR 34TH WEEK GOING? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW🙂
You might also like: