What are affirmations?
affirmations are words or phrases that are said over and over in order to affirm thoughts about our reality. Such affirmations help trigger the subconscious mind into action.
Why use affirmations during childbirth?
During our lives, we think and say things to – and about – ourselves over and over again. Through sustained repetition, these thoughts form beliefs that in turn become our reality. In this way, we develop fears about a host of issues. But we can also use the magic of affirmations to empower ourselves for the event of childbirth.
Examples of affirmations for birth:
HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method: A natural approach to a safe, easier, more comfortable birthing (3rd Edition) suggests repeating the following affirmations (among others) daily in the last couple of months of pregnancy:
- I am relaxed and happy that my baby is coming to me.
- I am focused on a smooth, easy birth.
- I trust my body and I follow its lead.
- I feel confident. I feel safe. I feel secure.
- My muscles work in complete harmony to make birthing easier.
- I feel a natural tranquility flowing through my body.
- I relax as we move quickly and easily through each phase of birth.
- My cervix opens outward and allows my baby to ease down.
- My baby is perfectly positioned for every phase of labor.
- I fully relax and turn my birthing over to nature.
- I see my baby coming smoothly from my womb.
- I feel my body gently sway with relaxation.
- I turn my birthing over to my baby and my body.
- My baby moves gently among its journey.
- Each surge of my body brings my baby closer to me.
- I deepen my relaxation as I move further into labor.
- My body is at ease.
- I welcome my baby with happiness and joy.
- Inhale and say: “I am”, then, as you exhale, say: “a birthing goddess”.
- Inhale and say: “I am”, then exhale and say: “divine perfection”.
- Inhale and say: “I am”, exhale and say “love and joy ”.
- Inhale and say: “I am”, exhale and say: ” bliss and peace”.
You can affirm whatever it is you desire and be sure that the universe will conspire to make it happen.
I feel like what birthing mothers need to do is just let go, relax and let nature do its work. Also recalling that every person in this world was birthed by a mother just like we will be doing, can help 🙂
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT USING AFFIRMATIONS FOR CHILDBIRTH? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW 🙂
You might also like: