My labor/delivery hospital bag is packed! It’s right under my bed waiting for the big day and it’s…big and heavy! I still have 2 months to go but I had this sudden need to get everything ready. Call it nesting or being a control freak, but it’s there and here’s what’s in it:
FOR LABOR & DELIVERY
- T-shirts, shorts, night gowns.
- Ipod and speaker so I can listen to my favorite music (I find music extremely sooting and helpful both at the dentist’s and during blood withdrawals so it’s a must!)
- My favorite Belgian chocolate – mama’s gotta snack!
- Towels and bathrobe (I’m planning on having a water birth).
- A book to read (maybe I’m crazy but I’m bringing Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth with me).
- All the documentation from pregnancy (exam results) and insurance.
- Night gowns (I have three that open in front) and shirts in which I can breastfeed.
- Some clothes (shorts, t-shirts and something stunning I can wear when I get out of the hospital, most probably not my skinny jeans just yet as I couldn’t button them up starting from week 28.)
- Socks – it’ll be summer but they might turn the AC on and mommy doesn’t want to shiver!
- Flip-flops (public showers gross me out.)
- Underwear – and I don’t mean my Victoria Secret’s favorites. I’ve got “beautiful” maternity underwear that goes up to my breasts for the occasion😉 I won’t have any problem with throwing those away if things get messy!
- Disposable underwear – when things get really messy (ick).
- A book to read (people say I won’t have time and they’re probably right, but I’m bringing The Mind Of Your Newborn Baby)
- Motherhood Maternity: Postpartum Support Belt – gotta get back in shape in no time!
- Nursing pads & gel pads (for the nipples).
- Nursing bras.
- My regular toiletries and cosmetics (sanitary napkins certainly! Lip balm has to be there too!)
- My multivitamin.
- Camera and charger.
- Phone and charger.
- Obviously I need to take my computer and the cables to download and send out the first photos of my baby!!! I might even prepare a mailing list in advance😉 Maybe now.
- My baby’s first clothes! T-shirts, shirts, sweaters, socks, underwear,hats, onesies and blankets. In different sizes (I don’t know how big my baby is going to be!) and all times six! I might be a little exaggerated but at least I’m not bringing ALL the stuff my baby needs.
- Burp cloths.
- The diaper bag? My hospital doesn’t request it but it might be a good idea🙂 I could bring a nursing pillow but how is that going to fit in my already massive bag?
- The car seat will hopefully have been installed by then! (That’s dad’s job!)
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMONLY FORGOTTEN ITEMS IN A HOSPITAL LABOR BAG? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW🙂
You might also like: