Baby is getting fatter and I can certainly feel her punching, dancing, jumping, doing acrobatic tricks, kicking, hiccuping and poking! But it’s a delightful feeling🙂
If you compare this week’s photo to last week’s you will definitely notice the difference! I’m even afraid to weigh myself!
I am finally starting to attract some attention from strangers although when I went to the store to try on some clothes only a few days ago the shop assistants didn’t notice I was pregnant until I told them!
I must admit my nesting instincts really kicked in, just like my favorite pregnancy book Pregnancy Day By Day says, and I started unpacking all the cute little baby clothes I recently purchased and got them ready for washing.
I’m also close to getting my suitcase ready and am gathering the last items necessary. It looks like I have all the baby stuff I need but am missing some mommy stuff!
And I really can’t wait for my baby girl to arrive to this world – I even had a little practice with a 4 month old today and it was so great, I am totally unprepared but surprisingly so ready for this miracle.
10 weeks to go!
What else is happening this week?
- Baby’s crown to rump length is 27 cm or 10.6 inches. Baby weighs about 1300-1400 rams or 2.8-3.1 pounds.
- Baby’s total length (head to toe) is approximately 15.5 inches.
- Baby is breathing rhythmically but lungs are still not fully mature.
- Baby’s eyes respond to light.
- Baby’s bones are fully developed.
- In the brain, nerve cells are developing into distinct areas that will eventually control specific functions such as memory and coordinated movement. As yet, the neural network is very immature.
- Mom is feeling a lot of strong kicks, although the baby is moving around less.
- The amniotic sac has finished growing and is no longer forming new cells. Because the membranes of the sac are highly elastic, they keep stretching as the baby gets bigger.
- The tip of the baby’s nose is still upturned and the bridge is becoming more evident.
- Baby hiccups, which is very easy to feel.
HOW’S YOUR 30TH WEEK GOING? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION
You might also like: