Here I am – in the 3rd trimester!!! How exciting!!! Even more exciting that I can still button up my skinny jeans for the picture, however I feel that I am squeezing my little girl inside… So I guess the pants are a little stretchy – but I think you can still see the bump, can’t you? Well apart from the people who already know, nobody else seems to notice!!! Nobody has given a seat up for me or let me jump the line because I am pregnant, but I guess that’s a fair price to pay for having a small belly and being able to continue life pretty much as usual for most of the pregnancy.
My baby girl is kicking extremely hard to my dismay and delight – sometimes I just like to look at my tummy jumping up and down when she does it! After all, according to my book the baby is almost 30 cm long and over half a kilo. Also last week I started having dreams about the baby for the first time and I loved it!
What else is happening this week?
- Baby’s crown to rum length is 23 cm or 9 inches. Baby weighs about 700-800 grams or 1.5-1.75 pounds.
- Baby’s total length head to tow is approximately 11 inches.
- Baby’s brain looks like a mature brain now.
- Alveoli appear i the lungs and begin producing surfactant.
- Mom may notice increased shortness of breath.
- Baby often grabs its toes and may even bring them to its mouth.
- Hand coordination is improving and baby often brings its hands to its face, especially its mouth.
- All the nerve cells that make up the outer surface of the brain are in place. They will gradually brach out to form neural connections.
HOW’S YOUR 26TH WEEK GOING? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION
You might also like: