I really thought this would be the last time I am able to button my skinny jeans but I guess they are pretty strechy 😉 I must admit that I only wear them to take these weekly pics and would definitely not be able to survive longer than a few minutes and certainly couldn’t sit in them 😉
So this is the last week of the second trimester and the first day of my seventh month and I am super excited! My baby girl is very very active, kicking so strongly that sometimes I feel there’s more than one baby inside there, but no worries – I know it’s just one 😉
What else is happening this week?
- Baby’s crown to rum length is 22 cm or 8.7 inches. Baby weighs about 600-700 grams or 1.3-1.5 pounds.
- Baby’s eyes are completely developed and will open soon.
- Baby’s skin is red and wrinkled.
- More than half of babies born now will survive.
- Baby yawns often, perhaps as a way to regulate the amount of fluid or blood in his lungs at any one time.
- Blood flow through the umbilical cord and placenta regulates the baby’s temperature, keeping it much the same as your own body temperature.
- The baby’s head still seems too large for its body, but overall it’s beginning to look more in proportion.
- Hearing is now acute and loud noises may startle the baby into sudden movement.
- The limbs appear more rounded as fat continues to be laid down.
My favorite book Pregnancy Day By Day says that since you are rapidly gaining weight you may have developed stretch marks. After pregnancy, they will fade and become less noticeable. They generally occur on the breasts, belly, hips and things, an affect most pregnant women. Stretch marks can be genetic and are more likely to occur the older you are because your skin is less elastic. A combination of exercising and eating healthily can minimize the rate at which you gain weight and stretch.
HOW’S YOUR 25TH WEEK GOING? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION 🙂
You might also like: