This sure is a major milestone! If baby were born today, it would have over 50% chances of survival! One of the many amazing things of this week is that I can not only feel my baby kick with what I think is intent but I can also see my tummy moving as she is in action! Playing with her is such a wonderful bonding experience for me and her daddy! We love to respond to her kicks by pressing our fingers into my abdomen. And I feel her more and more. Before I used to only feel the kicks when I was lying or sitting down but now I can also feel her as I am standing or even working out! Not to mention her night performances!
What else is happening this week?
- Baby’s crown to rump length is 21 cm or 8.3 inches. Baby weighs about 500-600 grams or 1.1-1.3 pounds.
- Baby’s lungs are developing. Alveoli are forming.
- Baby has developed a hand grip reflex and startle reflex.
- Baby is getting bigger and has less space to move around.
- Baby’s rapid heart rate has slowed down a bit. It is usually easy to detect the heart’s beating during a scan.
- They eyelids are still closed. Beneath them, the eyes are protected by a thin membrane.
- Fine, soft lanugo hairs keep a layer of greasy vernix on the skin.
- Baby’s skin is starting to develop a protective outer layer of keratinized cells.
- Mom may be experiencing Braxton Hicks Contractions.
- Mom may experience dizziness. Sleeping on your side might help.
- Mom might feel much hotter than usual due to her carrying more weight and having more blood pumping around the body.
- Exercising can be hugely beneficial, both physically and emotionally.
HOW’S YOUR 24TH WEEK GOING? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION
You might also like: