My favorite pregnancy book Pregnancy Day By Day is telling me that “around this time, you may become aware of your baby moving” and it is exactly today that I felt the first kicking sequence!
Although I’m quite sure I felt the first distinct quick, as opposed to gas or my pulse, 4 days ago, today these were several kicks – and it felt absolutely amazing! What is even more exciting is that: “in many cultures, until the advent of pregnancy tests, “quickening” was the first conclusive evidence of pregnancy and was viewed as the point at which human life began. According to ancient Egyptian, Greek, American, and Indian beliefs, the first movement marked the moment when the soul entered the fetus. Aboriginals regard the location where the first quickening is felt as highly significant for the baby.”
What else is happening this week?
- Baby’s crown to rump length is 13.5 cm or 5.3 inches. Baby weighs about 150-200 grams or 5.3-7.0 ounces.
- Fine hair called lanugo is starting to appear.
- Baby’s fingerprints and toeprints are forming.
- Baby’s teeth are beginning to form enamel.
- Mom may be experiencing ligament pains – pain or discomfort on one or both sides of the abdomen.
- Mom has probably began shopping for baby clothes and furniture.
WHEN DID YOU FIRST FEEL YOUR FIRST KICK? HOW DID THAT MAKE YOU FEEL? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION 🙂
You might also like: