What’s happening this week?
- Baby’s crown to rump length is 9-10 cm or 3.5-4.0 inches. Baby weighs about 50 grams or 1.75 ounces.
- Baby begins to inhale and exhale amniotic fluid (practicing breathing).
- Baby has meconium present in the intestines now.
- Baby’s arms have grown long enough to allow the baby to place his hands together in front of its face.
- The placenta undergoes a new wave of development to meet all your baby’s needs.
- Baby’s inner ear bones have developed sufficiently to pick up sounds, including your voice.
- Baby’s neck is lengthening and baby can raise its head further, lifting up its chin from its chest.
- Baby’s fully formed spinal cord extends the entire length of the vertebral canal, with nerves leaving between every vertebra.
- Morning sickness has hopefully disappeared.
- Mom may find her skin drier during pregnancy. Lotions may help.
- Moms may experience leg cramps. Make sure to stretch legs when they occur.
- Some women may experience carpal tunnel syndrome during pregnancy. Talk to your doctor if you experience muscle aches in your hands and wrist.
What a busy week! I had another visit and my 8 cm baby was jumping up and down again 🙂
I seem to be slightly anemic but not to worry – gotta eat more meat and fish – hamburger treat today!
They wouldn’t tell me the gender so I will check out the pee on the stick gender test and let you know! 🙂 I simply can’t wait.
I’m trying to see a belly but I weigh exactly as much as I did pre-pregnancy so I can’t wear my awesome maternity t-shirts just yet 😦
I had another transatlantic flight and feel great 🙂
HOW’S YOUR 15TH WEEK GOING? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW 🙂
You might also like: