I was studying the development of my baby in my belly and sending him a lot of loving thoughts while active and while meditating. The meditation exercises I have learnt in the past were a great help in this vulnerable time. Week 5 to 10 is when all the organs are developing and the risk for birth defects is the highest. In order not to go all crazy about this – I meditated. Do you want to know how? Here’s the book my meditation exercise is described in. The girlfriends I did tell about the treasure in my tummy were trying to spot a bump, but there was nothing to spot at this point!
What’s happening this week?
- Baby’s crown to rump length is 8 mm or 0.3 inches. Baby weighs about 0.8 grams.
- Baby’s bones begin to form.
- Baby’s mouth, nose, and lips are recognizable.
- Baby’s ears are just starting to develop.
- Elbow’s are now visible.
- The spine is straightening up.
- Baby’s sex glands appear.
- Baby’s fingers and toes are present, although they may still be webbed.
- Baby’s yolk sac continues to shirk as the placenta now starts to take over nourishment of the embryo.
- Baby’s head is large relative to the trunk.
- The eyes are getting larger and darkening with pigment.
- The umbilical cord contains blood vessels that are beginning to transport nutrients to the embryo and remove waste products.
- Mom’s uterus is starting to enlarge, but no changes will be visible yet.
- Mom may notice changes in skin pigmentation during pregnancy.
HOW’S YOUR 8TH WEEK GOING? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION 🙂
You might also like: