This week I had my first ultrasound and I could see my baby for the first time! He or she was only 2 mm at this point and the amazing thing was that my doctor already saw the heartbeat.
I wasn’t drinking so my friends became suspicious… later on I was advised by another doctor that 1 glass of wine with lunch is absolutely ok, that was very reassuring news! 🙂
What’s happening this week?
- Baby’s crown to rump length is 4-6mm. Baby weighs about 0.4 grams.
- Baby’s brain begins to form and cranial nerves are formed.
- Baby is C shaped now and has a tail.
- Baby’s placenta development begins.
- Baby’s eyes, ears, mouth, nose, lip, tongue, and teeth or forming.
- Baby’s yolk sac has shrunk but is still supplying nutrients to the embryo.
- A prominent forehead bulges out as the brain develops.
- The placenta is becoming well established, although it is not yet ready to function as a supply line.
- The arm and leg buds are lengthening.
- The heart is now providing the baby with a simple circulation.
- The liver is starting to make blood cells.
- Moms may be expecting mood swings and/or irritability.
- Moms should expect to have blood work done or scheduled at the first prenatal appointment.
- Needing to urinate frequently is one of the unwanted side effects of pregnancy.
- 15 to 20 percent of pregnancies end in miscarriage, the 99% of them occur in the first trimester, that’s why many couples announce their pregnancy after 12 weeks.
HAVE YOU ALREADY HAD YOUR FIRST DOCTOR’S VISIT? HOW DID IT GO? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION 🙂
You might also like: