Now that you know you are pregnant you need an excellent pregnancy guide. Who hasn’t heard of What to Expect When You’re Expecting, 4th Edition The day I peed on the stick and found out I was pregnant I was determined to get the what to expect book I have heard about so much. I am so glad it wasn’t available in the bookstore I went to since, as I later found out, it can scare the hell out of you! Well don’t get me wrong, if you like horror stories, you should definitely get it but if you prefer a beautifully illustrated professional guide that explains what happens with you and your baby day by day Pregnancy Day By Day is for you. I found it in a bookstore by chance and was shocked to see that it’s not at all marketed. Well I’m only recommending it because I believe it’s the best!
What’s happening this week?
- Baby is approximately 1 mm long.
- Baby is now called an embryo.
- Baby’s neural tube forms, heart begins to form, and blood begins to circulate.
- Baby’s liver begins to function.
- The yolk sac nourishes the embryo until the placenta is established and can provide nutrients through its blood supply.
- Embryonic tissues are forming into a structure that will become the heart.
- The umbilical cord connects the baby to the developing placenta. At first it is rather short and as yet to develop any coils.
- The amniotic sac cocoons the developing embryo.
- A fold down the back of the embryo marks the beginnings of the spine.
- Moms may notice nasal congestion and nosebleeds.
- Mom’s blood volume begins to increase. Moms will have 45% more blood by the third trimester.
HOW IS YOUR 5TH WEEK GOING AND WHAT BOOKS DO YOU RECOMMEND? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW🙂
You might also like: