You will be ovulating by the end of this week so have lots and lots of … can you guess what? In the meantime eat healthy, exercise, relax and have fun! Personal experience: once every two days in that window frame should do it😉
What’s happening this week?
- Towards the end of this week, one of the eggs in your ovaries is likely to have reached full maturity. Ovulation occurs as the egg, under the influence of hormones, bursts out of its follicle. If it meets a sperm in the fallopian tube, you may become pregnant.
- The wall of the fallopian tube contracts and relaxes to draw the egg into the tube for its journey to the uterus.
- Fluid from the egg follicle is releases with the mature egg.
- Fimbriae, the fingerlike projections at the end of the fallopian tune reach for the egg and sweep it gently into the tube.
- Cilia (small hairs) lining the fimbriae produce currents that help move the egg into the fallopian tube.
- Inside the ovary, the empty egg follicle produces the hormone progesterone, which stimulates the lining of the uterus to thicken.
HOW TO CONCEIVE A BOY? HOW TO CONCEIVE A GIRL?
You might want to try to conceive either a girl or a boy. According to my favorite pregnancy book, there are several methods:
The Shettles method, devises by Dr. Landrum Shettles, is based on the fact that Y sperm (for boys) are smaller, faster and less resilient than X sperm (for girls), and are less able to withstand an acidic environment in the vagina. To conceive a boy, the Shettles method advises:
- Timing sex as close to ovulation as possible and adopting positions such as rear-entry that promote deep penetration.
- The woman should orgasm, ideally at the same time as the man to make the vagina less acidic and favor Y sperm.
- Drinking a cup or two of strong coffee just before sex to give Y-sperm an added kick.
The Whelan method, devises by Dr. Elizabeth Whelan, suggest that having sex earlier on in the cycle, some four to six days before ovulation, is more likely to result in a boy. Sex nearer the time of ovulation is more likely to result in a girl. Curiously, the Whelan way is more or less the opposite of the advice given by Shettles.
DO YOU REMEMBER THE DETAILS OF CONCEPTION? PLEASE SHARE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW🙂
You might also like: